May 11, 2010

Top Ten Tuesday... Book Edition

There are so many amazing books out there that I thought I'd make you a list of some of them that I like. They aren't numbered favorite to least favorite, just which ever one I thought of first. I had to leave out WAY to many of my favorite books on this list. I need a top fifty list not a top ten list. Just to clarify, I have read all of these books and they are all awesome!!!

Top Ten Children's Books
1. Gooseberry Park
2. Riding Freedom
3. The Christmas Doll
4. If You Give a Mouse a Cookie/ If You Give a Pig a Pancake
5. Blueberries for Sal
5. Pinkalicious
6. Love You Forever
7. Oh, The Places You'll Go!
8. Henry and Mudge Series
9. Where the Wild Things Are
10. The Very Hungry Caterpillar

Oh my goodness this section was SO hard! I had to leave out way too many good books!

Top Ten Young Adult Books
1. The Harry Potter Series
2. The Twilight Series
3. The Hunger Games Series
4. The Host
5. Little Women
6. The Giver
7. Hatchet
8. The Sisterhood of Traveling Pants
9. Where the Red Fern Grows
10. The BFG (Big Friendly Giant)

There is one more book I wanted to add... and for the life of me I can't remember what it's called!!! It's about a boy who travels with his dad a long time ago to settle down in the Americas, but the dad has to leave to get the mom and sister, so the boy is by himself. He meets some native americans and learns a ton of stuff and finally at the end of the book his family comes. GAH! What is that book called?!?!?!