January 25, 2010

First Week at EMCC

Last Wednesday I had my very first classes at Estrella Mountain Community College. They were kind of like the first day of high school classes... except not.

Some things I've learned so far....
1. you can smoke on campus
2. come really early if you don't want to park ten minutes away from campus
3. the library is WAY better than the one in high school
4. teachers don't care where you sit
5. the bookstore is always crowded no matter when you go
6. teachers can come to class as late as they want and dismiss the class whenever they want
7. books are too expensive
8. all those annoying personalities you hated in high school? yeah, they still exist
9. two classes a day and no classes on Tuesdays is awesome
10. the Pepsi machines on campus are always full and waiting =) (dute, dute)

My schedule...
Mon,Wed,Fri: Psychology 9am to 9:50am and College Algebra 11am to 12:10pm
on Thursdays I take two hybrid (half on line and half face to face) classes. Interpersonal communications 10am to 11:15am and honors English 101 11:30am to 12:45pm.

So far college is way more expensive than high school.... I need a second job...