June 23, 2011

Washington D.C. Day 3

We started the day by having breakfast at our hotel's restaurant, Avenue Grill.


Then, we headed to my most anticipated part of the Washington D.C. trip.... The Holocaust Museum.





It was such a beautiful and sad place to visit. It was definitely one of my highlights of the trip.

After we left the Holocaust museum we saw the United States Archives.


After we left the Archives, we ate lunch. I had a salad from this awesome salad place called Chop't. We then made a quick stop at Hagen Daaz where I had a carmel cone ice cream cone.

After stopping at a few shops we walked down the National Mall.


We then walked around Washington D.C. a little bit while it rained and stopped raining.... and then rained and stopped raining. We watched a POW MIA Native American pow wow/rain dance and then we headed back to our hotel to rest for a little bit.

After we sat in the hotel's hot tub, my mom, aunt Jen and I went to Filene's Basement to go shopping. My mom ended up getting 5 pairs of really nice dress slacks for 7.49 each when they were regularly 69 dollars.

We then walked to a Thai food place called Thai Tanic. (aka Titanic) It. Was. Awesome.




I tried tofu for the first time. It wasn't completely awful... it just wasn't something that I would choose to order for myself.

Then we visited Jen's super cute walk up apartment. I loved it! After we saw her apartment we went out to a place called Pitango Gelato. It was really good. I had Sicilian almond and crema.

We then headed back to out hotel to get some much needed sleep before our next day in D.C.