BEWARE.... RANTING ENSUES!
I live in freaking America!!!! Why. Why do I have to subject myself to stress and torment to learn a language that I shouldn't have to know???!!! I do not live in a Spanish speaking country, and I do not live in country where the official language is Spanish. English is the official language in the United States of America, and I'm pretty freaking sure that I live within the border lines of this country!!! Instead of trying to teach thousands of kids Spanish why doesn't the nation invest in school systems to teach Hispanic students English!! Just a class specifically for them to hang out with all their gangster buddies and to learn the language of the land they live in! I honestly could care less about the Spanish language. It's so confusing, and difficult. I should not have to take this class to graduate! How can the school system justify not graduating someone who gets straight A's but can't speak Spanish. How is repeating a class over, and over going to help me in the long run. It's not like I'm going to become a Spanish teacher, or move to a country where only Spanish is spoken!!! I'm WHITE. I know that isn't a real excuse, but come on!! I'm Caucasian to the freaking core (unless you count the 8% Asian in me, but you can't even tell so it's a moot point) And I'm not trying to be racist or anything so please don't peg me on that.
Okay I think my rant is done. For now. I'm just trying to get through this semester of Spanish 1 before I get to move up a level to Spanish 2. Yea!!! (Please note the sarcasm in my voice as I'm typing)