November 10, 2008

99.9% Stress and .1% Exhaustion

So yeah. Basically I'm totally and completely in shutdown mode. Life is mean, and cruel, and disastrous (nice adj. Sydney!). I'm basically just following the motions of my day to day life, not really paying attention to actual details. School is well.... High School. It sucks @$$!!! Seriously, it's horrible. I've never in my life been to a school where teachers miss so many days. How many sick days do these people need?! This is their freaking job!! They already get the whole summer off, how can they justify missing day after day, week after week? I just can NOT understand. Sure, a sick day every once in awhile (we are human after all) but multiple days?! My freaking education is at stake here!! How am I supposed to learn when no one is teaching me? How? Do teachers expect me to magically look at a worksheet and understand the whole stinking thing?! Obviously I'm not a complete idiot, I can figure out a majority of the questions but not everything! I would like some instruction! That is why these people get payed!! To educate students! How can the school complain about not having any money when if they just fired the teachers who don't teach in the first place they would save a ton of money!

Have you ever just looked at something and not comprehend at all the meaning your supposed to be getting out of it? That's how I feel. I'm reading this absolutely stupid book in English "Their Eyes Were Watching God" and it is the most illiterate thing I've ever read! It's written in a freaking southern dialect. With Y'alls and chilluns all through out it! I can barely understand the actual story. How can a teacher expect me to finish multiple projects for this book by Friday if I don't even understand the material?!?!? I've reread every chapter, outlined it, looked up the spark notes, AND asked the teacher about and I still do not get it.

What I have gotten from the book is....
  • there is a girl named Janie
  • she has a grandma named Nanny who raised her
  • she is 2/3rds white and 1/3rd black
  • she marries Logan and leaves him for Joe
  • she leaves Joe for Tea Cake
  • and now Tea Cake is cheating on her with Nunkie, but it's okay because she still loves him

What the hell I'm I supposed to do with that information? I need to write an essay, make a diagram, draw poetic images, AND write a letter to a character of my choice by Friday! It is going to be freaking impossible! Plus all my other impossible classes (like Spanish) Who invented that language? Who?! I want to talk to this person (preferably in English) and complain about the stupid-ness that is Spanish. It is IMPOSSIBLE for me to learn, maybe for others it is easier, but for me I simply can not do it. The only thing I like about that class is my teacher Mrs. Sirulnik. She's awesome.

But yeah. I'm basically done with this school crap. I'm so excited for winter break. I'll finally have my braces off, I'll be in a wheelchair, and I'll be done with school for two weeks!! Yay!!